Latest Roadmap Update - September 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It took them nearly nine years to release an updated Silverstone.

2. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I think it is a very strong performance if you can manage without being really involved. Personally, I find it hard when I am involved and know the company, the employees and the internal processes. If anyone can do without it all, I'm very impressed.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

And do the track or car designers know how to develop the program?
    Could be, but it wouldn't be normal.
    The task of a 3D or graphic artist is totally different to the developer or to the engineer task.

4. Jan Fulka

Jan Fulka Registered

Did you know that Laserscan Nordschleife also has Asetto Corsa, Race Room, iRacing and possibly other sims?

Moreover, the development cost some money, so what milking? Why are you attacking a team with false information?

5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Let's just all cool off for a day :)

Paul Stante, Dookie, Gonzo and 10 others like this.
  6. Christopher Elliott

ok back open
    Please, make your point whatever that is, but be civil and don't trigger others. Anyone doing that will have take a break, this needs to be a place for discussion, feedback and enjoyment.
    Stay coooool ;)

RaceNut, lbird, Travis and 8 others like this.
  7. Jan Fulka

Jan Fulka Registered

@Christopher Elliott

Completing materials / shaders system will means updating build code or updating content?

8. Christopher Elliott

A bit of both :)

Jan Fulka likes this.
  9. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hi,

Since English is not my native language, I think my attempted sarcasm in my Postings did not come across properly. Both Postings were full of sarcasm. That for clarification. Apart from that, I've made up my mind about not complaining about the Response of the Things that failed or something Else of the same people on every roadmap. I rather enjoy the roadmap itself from now on:)

Jan Fulka likes this.
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Christopher Elliott

Hi Christopher,

I'm taking advantage of your presence here to ask you :

During the simexpo 1 year ago S397 said that you would improve the realism in the rain (physics), if I'm not mistaken collecting data IRL.

Can we know where this is, please ?

Thank you!

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. Jan Fulka

Jan Fulka Registered

Hi, ok I didn't understand, sorry ;)

We all have our own opinion where our favorite sim should evolve or improve it:)

12. Christopher Elliott

We still have that planned.

mister dog, Travis, pkelly and 3 others like this.
  13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

@S397 Could you add some small icon or text to the single DLC item graphics when you browse each car and track separate? You dont know what pack it belongs to and so you go to each pack and read the description on the side, go back to see another car and have to click all packs again, read the description again to see if it belongs to any pack. Would be nice with pack identifier since we get more and more content. Just easier and skips the back and forth.

Made simple mockup of single item DLC's. You would add the pack logo perhaps instead of plain text but i added text to two cars just as example below for easier identification (yes the Porsche Cup does not belong to the GT3 pack. I know :D ).
    DLC2.jpg

Cheers. :)

Ozzy, GeraArg, Emery and 3 others like this.
  14. Rastas

Rastas Registered

@Christopher Elliot
    Please activate sparks,verts deformation,wall skids in DevMod at least please.
    Cheers

datasting and Hazi like this.
  15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

One of many things hehe but. Nicely explained

16. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Cheers for the detailed explanation, then it would be beneficial for Rf2 to come up with a way where people can download files of cars they do not posses and the game checks if they can use it or not and restricts it if needed. Not sure how it can be done as I don't have any coding knowledge, but if they can make it so that you don't need ALL the cars to be able to race together with you mates it will mean a big boost to the game's online popularity.

One can only fantasize :D

Gonzo likes this.
  17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Oh dont swallow that explanation. For something like this to work you'd "just" need to have all DLC downloaded as base content and the decrypt key would unlock the cars you buy, that's how iR and RR works, even AMS (which has mods) works that way, the game already let you join and then kick you for various reasons even if this added one more would be no big deal.
    At least, talking personally, I cant accept this excuse. Maybe it's something about how the item store works, then fine. But the package system alone stopping this? Pardon my scepticism but to me it looks more like 100% dev choice which is not "exactly" a problem since it's their investments on the line not mine, but still an annoying choice in the end.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Duvel and mister dog like this.
  18. lagg

lagg Registered

Now you can copy the installed content of an encrypted car, to a computer of another user that doesn't own the car and this computer can't use the it.
    That is to say, the rF2 already knows if you have bought the content.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    mister dog likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Indeed, nothing's impossible and locked content can stay locked. To reduce misuse the parts of the cars needed to show them as opponents (graphics, AI level physics) could be separately stored so the sensitive stuff is never decrypted on your own machine, and even those graphics could be limited to the lowest LOD or two. Block cockpit view, reduce the number of sounds (external only, too). So a smaller lighter package of the car purely for remote multiplayer purposes.

However, we know the devs are busy and people already complain about slow progress. Even if this is planned for the future they can't change it overnight, and they (S397, who started the DLC) didn't make the current system so they're a bit stuck. I would hope it's on the agenda because it's only going to become more important with more DLC and a focus on endurance and multiclass racing.

mister dog likes this.
  20. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Yes, it would be nice if we could organize races with DLCs that not all runners have. A big plus for rFactor2!

Duvel, mister dog and Hazi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.