New Content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Sep 29, 2019.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

These new tracks, DX11 and cars, plus all other updates have really transformed rF2 into a new sim for me. Great job Studio-397!!
    rF2 is really starting to shape up. I mean, we got videos popping up comparing Assetto Corsa to rF2 (Nordschleife).....and it isn't the old dated looking sim it was a few years ago. In fact it looks very good!! I think the guys at Studio-397 should stand up and take a bow!

I know there is a lot of work to do yet (UI) and I'm sure the list goes on but I think with the addition of the Nordschleife, rF2 has turned a corner. Now I can't help but want more offical cars..... and mods, which I'm sure are going to be coming now?
    My question is what do we want? And what do we need next? Does Studio-397 concentrate on the UI, fixes and general tuning? Or do they work on more DLC?

I vote for official street cars myself but I am really blown away with the GT3's on the Nordschleife at sunset. Plus the feel of the official cars on the official track that I can't get enough of!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  2. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

Different lighting, the nights in RF2 are boring. Even the headlights in the other cars in the mirror. They don`t shine.

But I think this is already on the way. The UI should be next.

Tracks.. bathurst and SPA for example are imperative. And it would be cool if 24 Hours Le Mans, was always a work in progress. I saw the race for the first time in person this year. There is a lot to improve (in ambience).

Cars .. "we" need:
    LMP1 pack
    GT4 pack
    LMP2 pack
    LMP3 pack

And for me that`s all. I`m pretty satisfied.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    pas74, ECAR_Tracks and vegaguy5555 like this.
  3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Thinking just of tracks for the moment, I hope Studio 397 will continue to focus on those that host the big endurance events for their premium, scanned content. So I'm really thinking of:

Daytona
    Bathurst
    Spa
    Watkins Glen
    Suzuka
    Road Atlanta

That's what immediately comes to mind. And I'm sure that's already a great deal of work! :p

4. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Waiting for the new PBR shaders for the cockpits, that will be a game changer in the graphics, now from outside looks great.
    And the league system, I hope some similar to SRS.

pas74, Duvel and vegaguy5555 like this.
  5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I was just thinking the cockpits were looking pretty good in rF2. As nice as PC2 is I don't like the oily black shadows in their cockpits. But I do agree shading can use some work in rF2 for sure.
    Is it possible for a moder to do some tweaks the way they do in AC?

PS what's PBR?

6. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I think rF2 has enough endurance and GT content. Besides Endurance Pack there's Endurance Series mod, two GT3 mods and 10 official cars.
    For instance I'd like to see few road sport/super/hyper cars and do what Top Gear/Grand Tour do with them.

8. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Would it be easier to build street versions of the in game GT3's cars since most of the car is already there?

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Take a GT3 car and a real car and tell us whats already there. GO!

LokiD likes this.
  10. J7166

J7166 Registered

If I had to guess I would say Spa is the next official track by s397.
    Car wish list:
    More/updated GT500 cars
    Another hypercar, hybrid preferably since s397 developed a brake by wire and electric power for Gen2 FE car, hybrid should be possible now.
    Touring car pack
    Additional LMP2 & 3s

11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Smells of a wishlist

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I haven't done a mod before, that's why it's in the form of a question and not a demand.
    But from what I can see is the basic wheel base, general shape, lights and glass. Some of the physics would be similar I'm guessing, unless the GT3's are like the cookie cutter Nascar's with just different badges? Which is something I haven't considered until just now? But that can't be true because there is a huge difference between something like the 911 and Corvette for instance?
    The bottom line is, I don't know. That's why I was asking.

13. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I didn't intend it to be a wishlist but more of an insight to what most likely is coming next.

LokiD likes this.
  15. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Clue for next official track was one with a lot of configurations, so my bet is Paul Ricard.

vegaguy5555 and Emery like this.
  16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Another reason I was wondering is because AC usually released road and GT cars at the same time.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Dear god, please not that track. I mean, there are two versions allready wich are nicely done from the modders, but the track itself has no soul. Let's hope for Spa, Daytona or similar Endurance venues.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  18. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Yes, OEM's are trying to promote roadcars that way. No?

19. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

So is that a yes for road cars?

20. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Personally I would like to see the following cars that have either been announced as HyperCar class or rumoured to be and could therefore be built to fit the Studio 397 'homologated' spec.

Koenigsegg Jesko
    Brabham BT62
    Oreca
    Lamborghini
    Aston Martin Valkerie
    Toyota GR Super Sport
    Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 007
    ByKolles Racing ENSO CLM P1/01 based car

Whether they eventuate or not it gives Studio 397 the opportunity to get some cars in game that haven't appeared before from manufacturers that haven't either, and no matter what happens with the Hypercar class they can use their homologation spec to get them in and balance them out. It also means we could get a Ferrari based car in sim without the need for a license agreement via the SCG 007 entry.

Korva7 likes this.