Porsche Cup AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tpw, Sep 29, 2019.

1. tpw

tpw Registered

As me and several others have noted on various threads the Porsche Cup AI are very very very hard to keep up with if you crank the AI difficulty much above 95%. They seem to have levels of brake grip, tyre grip and stability that are just not available to the player, almost like they are GT3 spec. To test this hypothesis out I loaded a mixed field of GT3 and Cup Porsches on Nuerburg GP (great track BTW), plonked myself in a GT3 Porsche and set difficulty at 100%. I'm generally competitive against GT3 AI at this difficulty. Lo and behold, the CUP and GT3 AI both drove pretty much identically, taking corners at exactly the same speed and braking at the same points. I managed to keep up, but had I been in a Cup Porsche I would have been lapped in short order.

I've actually found it very hard to find a satisfying AI difficulty level for Porsche Cup AI. Less than 90% they're too slow all round. At 90-95% they'll race away from you in the straights but are easy pickings in most corners. At 95+% I don't have a hope. Obviously these generalisations change from track to track (and player to player).

I'm pretty sure it's too much to hope that the AI will be looked into for this otherwise excellent car, in the mean time I suggest that unless you're either a) insanely talented b)get a kick out of rage quitting or c) drive the GT3 Porsche, don't bother racing them much above 95%

2. Hocician

Hocician Registered

same here... i overdrive the car and get spinning and spinning because i've tried to be as fast and as late as the AI... but they seem to have megabrakes and speed in turns that cant be made by player... at least for me... ;-)

tpw likes this.
  3. Magus

Magus Registered

I agree and also find this to be true of the Norma AI. The trend here being that cars that don't use ABS or TC seem to have AI that do.

tpw likes this.
  4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Just a thought.
    Maybe the cup porsche uses the same values in its tbc file as the gt3 porsche, but the tgm files are different, maybe with less grip for the cup porsche, or different tire dimensions, or both.
    In that case, you probably would get the described behaviour, because the ai uses the tbc values for the tires and the player the tgm values.

tpw likes this.
  5. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

Tried a race at VIR. 1-2 cars were spinning out every lap. Honestly the AI needs a ton of work across the board and it's frustrating it won't happen anytime in the near future if ever

J7166, DaREALMastaD and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  6. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I would be able keep up with the AI at 100% if they hadn't this massive grip / traction control at corners exit, especially sharp ones. Currently it is: get close to AI, get distanced at a corner's exit, get close again, rinse and repeat.

7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I linked this topic to Discord Support. I hope we get feedback soon. Now I realize why I can not compete on the GP course .. (100% AI)

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Some mods/cars you need to turn the difficulty down. V8 Supercars at Bathurst at 100% they'll go sub 2 mins.

J7166 likes this.
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Christopher Elliott

Can you confirm that you care about the problem? At the weekend I would like to accelerate with the Cup. On Thursday is also holiday ..

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

No answer so far. Neither on Discord nor here ... hmmm

gunner1483 likes this.
  11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

It becomes a problem however in multiclass events with the AI. Take this sentence from the OP as an example:

The answer shouldn't be for us to turn difficulty down but for S397 to fix the AI parameters of the car

J7166, memoNo1 and williang83 like this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Care? We have been waiting almost a year for the steering wheel red centerline tape on the GT3 non cup car and Cup purchasers get it right out of the box. You got your red stripe! You should be happy. But for everything else, get in line.....

juanchioooo likes this.
  13. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I'm taking your thread to report similar effect with S397 Corvette C7R GTE.

Drove with water until my neck on the limit at New Jersey (mod track) and an AI with the same Corvette mine pulverized my lap time for 5 bloody seconds. AI speed was set to 97%.

More dramatic is 5 seconds in a very short circuit, I lapped 1:03 while AI did 58 seconds, it's totally out of the reality.

14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I hope that something will happen soon. As a good customer service, this is easy. I hope not that we have to wait 1 year now. So far, no official statement came to it. But I will not let up either. I always hoped for this cup car.

15. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Christopher Elliott

I have to admit that I'm a little pissed! Why? Part of a good customer service is answering the customer's complaint. I have said it before. Mistakes can happen. That's OK. But at least confirm that there is a mistake and this is resolved as soon as possible is just a good sound. Or am I wrong about it? The Porsche Cup is new and fresh. I really want to enjoy it like everyone else. But for the obvious reasons, that is not possible at the moment. What do you intend to do about it? Will there be a fix soon? Pease give us an Answer.

16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I'm here :) Will pass it on, but in testing we didn't find them too fast. Anyway we'll recheck it.

zi99y, Aceking, xerofer and 4 others like this.
  17. Pales

Pales Registered

I don't understand this. You're addressing this issue but you won't revisit existing content that has been flagged multiple times on your forum. May I remind you of the GT3 Merc AI, which turns about 360 degrees for small turns? It's slow on all official tracks and regularly spins out because the AI has to turn the wheel so much. This has been an issue since it was RELEASED.

J7166 and gunner1483 like this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thank you Sir.

19. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

For now you could band aid that giving a screwed gear ratios setup for AI or is it locked?

20. gunner1483

gunner1483 Registered

Absolutely. The AMGs spin and run wide.
    Also, the ai donĀ“t want to overtake anymore when they are in their inlap. So it makes multiclass racing impossible when a GT3 car stays behind a Renault clio the entire Nordschleife Lap.
    But overall in blue flag situations the lapped cars go wide ,off track.