UI Editing?

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by Richard Busch, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Has anyone tried to edit the UI? Does anyone know where to start if someone ;-) wanted to try to edit the UI, or make a new one?
    The UI rF2 uses now is one that was modded by someone years ago and adopted by ISI.

I thought it might be interesting to look into, just for fun.
    We all want a new UI, so maybe we should try to built one ourselves. Or at least try.

Thanks.

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You do know S397 are working on a new one?
    If they're anything to go by, making a new UI is anything but "fun".

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's absolutely possible to redesign the current UI and even mask some of the elements so it nearly looks like you're doing something new. It would be a fairly large task starting from scratch but not impossible, just very time consuming.

There are elements you can't control though, and that would be annoying. You also don't have the power to really introduce anything new or alter certain aspects of what's already there.

Finally, S397 are working on not just a new UI, but an entirely new UI system. If it goes halfway towards things that have been mentioned in the last couple of years that new system will allow not just a complete redesign for custom UIs if desired (and an easier system to edit or design for than the current one) but also potentially the ability to add custom elements drawing on custom data sources. Perhaps not immediately but as a derivative of the whole new system once they unlock it. Tied to that will (should?) be a new HUD system that will also later be fully customisable with new elements and programmability.

Bottom line: I wouldn't bother.

Ricardo Diz, svictor and WiZPER like this.
  4. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

i'm tring to replace the RF2_BK_MAIN.BMP file into the UImaps.mas, but when i launch rf2 with my mas file i get this error:

[​IMG]

5. juanmferreira93

juanmferreira93 Registered

There are an estimated release date for the new UI?

6. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Instead of editing this UI, I think you're better off waiting for the new UI, then edit that new one. You just have to be patient, it might come sometime in the next decade.

Daniel Espada likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

According to the latest Roadmap, Sept. 2019, they expect to be able to announce a release date by the time of the next roadmap. So around Halloween, we all should at least know when it will debut.

juanmferreira93 likes this.
  8. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

i would just like to change the background of the current one which is anonymous with a screenshot of my car

9. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Is that more or less likely than Brexit happening on that same date? I'm not sure which farrago has been going on longer :rolleyes:

10. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

You can't just edit any package, otherwise will tell you it's broken.
    You probably need to repackage the UI under a different name, then you'd select your new UI in the options.

ayrtonforever likes this.
  11. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

in the same i can do for mods? is there a guide for this?

12. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

i wanted a screenshot with the skins i created as a background and i did it :)

[​IMG]

haunetal1990 and jpalesi like this.
  13. 27th Racing

27th Racing Registered

Please could someone help me I love creating skins but I was wondering when creating a new car How do I go about changing the image of the car to my skin? and do I need some sort of program to render it in that way?

[​IMG]