Latest Roadmap Update - September 2019

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"Traditionally, September has been a busy month for us again."

Wtf lol

Jason Whited and Ronnie like this.
  3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

When will I read the next focus is offline. As I see it this is turning into a esports simulator and All its focus is on that...

Getting depressing now tbh. A once loved sim and still is. . Isnt even installed.

I do appreciate your hard work and respect that, but I can safely say your agenda for this sim isn't the sim what im looking for. :(

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Bogdy, Mulero, Juergen-BY and 4 others like this.
  4. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

1st of all thank you for awesome new content.
    2 questions :
    -any news about new windshield shader and pbr for cockpit ?
    -drivetrain, will it come into simulation this year?

Hoshi, Ernie and Jason Whited like this.
  5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Take away information about International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt that no one really cares about or even knew that 397 was there. Take away Shadow that no regular user of rF2 cares about and is there just for self promotion and posting huge promo pic to fill in the space. Post 5 large screenshots of cars we have and track we all know already. Again to fill up the space and make it seem bigger than it is, the roadmap that is. News about lighting rewrites are already known for more curious users which follow news around rF2.

The only newsworthy was the shader editor. Take everything else away and you have roadmap that is literally 5 cm long. 30 cm if you count in the screenshot of it.

I'm impressed.

yoss, M-Bimmer, Mulero and 3 others like this.
  6. Filip

Filip Registered

???

7. philman

philman Registered

News Flash
    The new user interface is definitively discarded....

8. Binny

Binny Guest

Seen a guy post on FB he says with a big smile if we get it by XMAS be happy.

Ronnie likes this.
  9. Balazs Floszmann

Balazs Floszmann Registered

Thank You guys for Your hard work in the Studio!
    We Are (some of Us not but who cares) thankful for the hard wor what You Are doing month by month for Our enjoyable virtual racing experience!

Hocician, Filip, Dookie and 9 others like this.
  10. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

+1
    Keep on going S397. Insane the quality of the Nürburgring and Porsche Cup.

muzikant, bwana and memoNo1 like this.
  11. philman

philman Registered

This what I wrote on Nov 6,2018
    As you can see, if you have the patience to read me, unfortunately nothing has changed in the last year. Maybe someone from S397 could comment on this subject

Ronnie likes this.
  12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Marcel has personally confirmed it to me and also several times on Discord.
    The offline mode is not forgotten.
    Prio 1 is still the UI. Prio 2 is the competition mode.
    Then comes the offline mode.
    In the list of priorities of S397 it is definitely on the agenda!
    We just have to be patient! Just enjoy the awesome new content!
    Thanks to the Porsche Cup, the NoS, the Nürburgring GP and the cool mods (Ferrari 330P4 / Super Touring Mod), I completely forgot that there is still a UI :).

Everything will come.
    Let us support the guys.
    They will do it. I am absolutely convinced! The UI will be there by the end of the year at the latest.
    And the first quarter of the new year will definitely be awesome!
    Who knows what else they will conjure up?
    I am currently completely hyped and love this Sim!

13. jjcook

jjcook Registered

i bought this sim in 2012 ...and have another 4000 hours since it moved to steam in 2016....there was a time you could log into this sim and look for an online race - today you can only log in and join a race you are already scheduled for ...

the community aspect of logging in and joining like minded pick-up racers is destroyed by lack of attention ....fed up with it , people have simply given up , old hold outs now moving to other sims looking for alternatives - ridiculous lack of attention to this issue

when isi would release a new car the severs would fill up , today you are lucky to find 7 or 8 people using new content after it comes out ,

s397 you are frustrating hard core simmers , the issue started with one of isi's updates - s397 has never shown any interest in fixing it , waiting for a new ui is one thing , this problem should have been addressed right away to ensure the future viability of a lively on line community - there used to be one , its gone

leagues and drivers have been and continue to leave in droves

the issue should have been any easy fix but as it stands racers cant find anything but servers full of ai ....join a couple of those looking for a race and you will give up very soon after out of frustration

ill continue to use this as long as i can find others to race with but its getting thinner all the time and is almost dead in terms of an online community , it has to be hurting sales too , i know it is , im getting slower to buy things wondering who and when i will race it with

leagues are drying up too - i belong to several who run scheduled events and join an open server every week with some mates that no longer gets new joiners - so have witnessed this decline first hand ....it is due to not being able to find people to connect with regularly in a crapped out and broken launcher

s397 - you suck eggs on this issue and seem oblivious to the fact it has gone on tooo long already and all you really needed to do was develop some code for the launcher so they dont show ai , conspiracy theorists tell me its intentional because it makes it look like people are using the sim , when really ....they aren't
    the steam server list used to show a more realistic view but that is now also broken
    some servers now show how many people have been on in the last week not just ai so its getting worse instead of better

Mibrandt, philman, Hectari and 3 others like this.
  14. muzikant

muzikant Registered

THanks for the Nordschleife and the Porsche cup car! I realy enjoy this car... one of the best ever simracing cars! And the Nordschleife is very good also the best Nord for me

Thanks S397:)

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Well, unfortunately, your complaints are about online issues. You may be surprised that online competition is the primary focus of S397 after producing new DLC. So imagine how far down the list offline users feel? They KNOW nothing will be address until online issues are improved. You might also be surprised to know, that almost all your complaints are either being addressed or ignored via the new UI and online Competition System. So you seem to have reached the limit on your patience, even though you are user who stands to benefit the most and the soonest from upcoming improvements, long before offline users get their issues addressed.

16. Binny

Binny Guest

As the UI is taking longer lets just hope they release a new track and car with the comp system to get ppl back and to get ppl moving over to rf2. IMHO that would be good business decision.

17. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Thank you S397 for all your hard work to get this game to where it needs to be.
    The usual whingers will never be satisfied unfortunately, but, stuff 'em I say!
    New content is excellent, the improvements to code for stability & endurance racing
    has been fantastic. Third party content keeps getting better & better.
    Perhaps some need to spend more time racing & less time complaining?
    Can't wait to see what the S397 team (and rF2 community) gives us next.... Onwards & upwards...

bwana, pkelly, Spyro and 6 others like this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Didn't have much time to post, it's a strange (but increasingly common, though incorrect) use of the word 'traditionally'.

In hindsight it might be taken as more negative than intended. Roadmap uneventful really, still waiting, no damage done. IMO.

19. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

WTF LOL.....

20. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Thanks for your Work Studio 397! The new Content is awesome and please stay with exactly this quality...... I Hope the new UI will Come soon, but I'm afraidb it will cries even more here than it does now, reminds me a little bit of kids .... but I want it now, but I want it now, but I want it now, but I want it now.............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.