Nordschleife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason Mullin, Feb 15, 2019.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the Oculus is great for me

Kelju_K and vegaguy5555 like this.
  2. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Yes Hollande play rugby, and Belgium also !
    Thirty years play rugby in Belgium, in second row !

pascom likes this.
  3. xerofer

xerofer Registered

Of Topic trophy goes to:

4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I haven't tried any other track since the Ring came but usually I can only run low PP's. Do other tracks demand more power?

juanchioooo likes this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

except in the boxes that are going to me at 55 fps, in the rest of the circuit ma it goes to 90, true that in some concrete place I lower to 80fps even 70 fps, but quickly it goes up, I use a GTX 1070, the oculus and steam software vr they go very soft for me
    studio 397 has done a tremendous job, congratulations

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I am at a loss as to how S397 got this track to fun so well through the entire lap.
    I have everything set to maximum with the exception of shadows.
    I was seeing 245 fps for most of my posted lap using the hood camera.
    It was very consistent as well....no massive fluctuations.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. Filip

Filip Registered

Then again on my system it is not performing well

8. enduser

enduser Registered

7/10

Very nice trackside details, nightlights in bridges and some other places in the big ring look very cool, and for the horticultural report what is very well done imo is the grass textures variation, mush more important than grass blades imo nice touch.

But there re also many goofy things in there, color pallet is very mediocre, treeline edges very much visible next to the track, and many small tents around the forest are so inclined they look very goofy! The ones irl are not that inclined, parked cars too, dont put them at 45 degrees pls, thats silly looking.
    Idk why the easy things are done wrong, maybe delete those tents and leave the crowd only, treelines shouldnt be visible at all when theres so many short trees/tall bushes behind the barrier and pls fix any RV LODs popping up, its very distracting.
    White lines should match the curb white like irl, they re so bright they match yt wallpaper white (is that 255,255,255 ?), curbs red is brownish like in the mclaren vid above using post processing, grass color you take the expression "grass is greener" way too srly, real grass has a more yellowish tint (on average).
    ...mostly easy fixes if the track was not locked.

Btw @mantasisg i thought you said you dont even like nordschleife that much. :D

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@enduser I dislike so many things in it.. and still I like it overall, I like to use it, I don't like to look at it just for sake of looking. Some things I can control, such as use gree, naturally progressing track so I don't see badly looking rubbered grooves, I can turn off shadows, I can drive faster cars, so I can't notice and think about many various poor modeling bits, I can really concentrate into driving instead of looks...

I completely disagree about grass texture variation being well done, it looks like if their map lacks a lot of depth, it looks like if there are just two tones, without any fades and mixing, and they are like very weird stains and scratches. Grass doesn't grow like that, you can make fun of grass as much as you want, you don't not have players who actually gets turned off by such things anyways.

Just look at this, you'd take picture like this, manipulate it a bit, and it would give better more immersive looking grass mapping, even though it is a wall with algae and old messed up paint.
    [​IMG]

As you say there are a lot of details which could be easily improved fixed, but it takes time and work anyway.... I don't know the artists level who did things, I also don't know how crazy their deadlines were, but they surely couldn't and didn't play with less significant stuff, which ironically is significant as any detail is.

10. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I was just trying iRacing's Nordschleife and I think I like rF2's physics and track better when comparing it with official cars and some recently updated mods?
    I am very happy with being able to run the Nordschleife maxed out in vr but I noticed iRacing has most clearest VR from all sims. It just looks more focused somehow. Doesn't seem to use anymore resources.

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Run it around 7pm and the racing line isn't that noticeable.

12. Comante

Comante Registered

I honestly don't know what you are talking about, driving in the nords give me tunnel vision, I can barely blink my eyes, I haven't noticed nothing except how gorgeous is to flow there. The track is much more enjoiable than "unofficial old versions", there are some sections that would need to be ripped apart and build a short circuit over them, they are too nice, and it's a pity to drive 20 Km just to do them again. The track is so alive FFB wise that keep me from sleeping, missing apexes and braking point like the old version did. I was able to take some lap with Howstons G4.. this is a testament to how good is this track. Took the BMW and McLaren GT3 there.... not for the faint hearts!

memoNo1, pkelly, Ermz and 1 other person like this.
  13. Comante

Comante Registered

The real problem is that modern racetrack feel a bit numb and grey now.... I want a DD wheel ...:eek:

Filip likes this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The difference between the GP and Nordschleife is weird. In a good way.

15. Hocician

Hocician Registered

I use an OSW and what should i say... at the moment i am not so happy :-D

My shoulder and wrists are full of pain because of the Nordschleife... sounds funny but isnt funny at all for me :-D at the moment this is a real problem - cant find settings which makes me happy ... if i filter it down so that the wheel isnt pushing to hard i cant feel the important forces anymore... if i drive with good feedback i nearly cant handle the wheel... its so brutal at the NOS...
    Like the concrete shaky part at Sebring ...

16. Comante

Comante Registered

I feel your pain.. or at least I would like to try it, but you can still tone down your wheel, it's always a matter of compromises in simulation. I have to deal with the same 2.5 Nm whatever the track or car, and considering the dead zone below and the clipping on top, the range is quite thin in a G27. I'm not asking 20 Nm, I'm not crazy.. I think that 5 could make me happy enough. Most of the time on a road course I can barely feel some resistance on the straights, or some little bump here and there, this to have the most range where it matter but this make FFB a bit boring at times. If I crank thing up just a little bit to have more returns in the straight, every turn is just a long whole clipping data. Nords in this aspect is a category on his own: the amount of ondulation on the track is unbelievable, but differently from Sebring they are indeed ondulations, and not cracks and holes, very very entertaining and not disturbing at all. For example, with the same settings Le Mans is boring like hell FFB wise.

Hocician likes this.
  17. lagg

lagg Registered

I've an OSW 20Nm and usually use a 50% and it's OK, for me.
    I've to touch sometimes a bit the multiplier in some cars, but not too much
    It's OK in Nordschleife, too.

mixer61 likes this.
  18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Sebring bumps are undulations, not cracks and holes. Even if it would be, the mesh resolution is not great enough for those features.

Nordschleife bumpyness is lesser than Sebring for sure. Unless you are choping kerbs. Of course Nords has more intense speeds and compression zones, elevation changes in general.

You can also adjust setup to modify steering forces. Caster, rideheights, toe, camber, springs, dampers, downforce levels, fuel load, tire pressure.

19. Ermz

Ermz Registered

I was one of the people waiting with baited breath for this track for a year. It's hard to fixate on the little imperfections over the sheer joy of driving a Nordschleife render this detailed. It legitimately took a part of me back to being there in person. Those terrifying bumps, jumps and compressions you don't realize exist with the other renders of the track somehow translate in rF 2. You get everything other than the sheer weight of g-forces bearing down on your body.

Signed up here just to congratulate 397 on a great job, and to also share this video to those who are curious of how it compares to our old version.

20. Rastas

Rastas Registered

The track is awesome,thats for shure,but sadly it runs very bad in my pc,the frames are good,but getting to much freezes... :(