GT3 Cup car optimisation

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Alkoly, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

with 30 AI GT3R I have my GPU load at 99%, all is perfect and normal....(I test with Nordschleife and last of the grid), 120fps...
    But with 30 AI GT3 cup car the GPU load decreases to 70% or 60% cause the CPU has +40% more load and make a bottleneck...80fps...the cup car needs a fix about optimisation...
    I play at 1440p ultra, PP ultra.

Mauro likes this.
  2. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

No, please. At list do not change optimisation for ultra settings.

3. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

what do you mean, the cup car has clearly no optimisation....the CPU load increases without reason compared to all the other s397 cars

4. mr.Sw1tchblade

And it's the best looking car ever made for rf2. I don't have problems running 30 cars visible at nordschleife.

5. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

test : 30 (or 40) AI visible, start last, 1440p ultra, PP Ultra. (no 4K it force the GPU load at 99% obviously)
    Nordschleife.

GT3/GTE/Oreca....99% usage GPU
    Reiza cars, it's better, I can up to 40/50 AI (all visible) and 99% usage GPU

but with the GT3 Cup car : the GPU load is only at 70%, cause there is an 'issue', it means a lack of optimisation....the CPU increases so much that it bottlenecks the GPU....it's the only car with this performance, and it's clearly an 'issue'

I just make the statement that the GT3 cup car is not optimised at all....WORST it bottlenecks the GPU....and it's not at all the best looking....

So make the test and post your result, you will understand cause "I don't have problems running 30 cars visible at nordschleife" don't prove at all there is no bottleneck, cause I have made the test and THERE IS a bottleneck with the GT3 cup car that is NEVER present with all the others cars....

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  6. mr.Sw1tchblade

Reiza cars are low polygonal models compared to S397 cars. If you don't believe me you can find rf2 dlc thread at Reiza forum.

I am playing w/o cpu load counters at my screen. But my fps counter was 60+ fps during 1h race with this cup cars. 1440p @rtx2080

7. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

I don't believe you, I believe the results I have found.

8. mr.Sw1tchblade

Ofc you have better results with low poly models.

9. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

I think with your logic, more polys means the GPU load will increase or the framerate will decrease but the GPU load will be at 99%, but if you make my test you will see that the GPU load decreases, probably cause the CPU has increased so much....

10. Alkoly

Alkoly Registered

with my settings and GPU and CPU, I have 120/144fps with 30 AI visible, at 1440p Ultra, PP ultra.....GPU at 99% everytime with every cars, except with the new GT3 cup car, the GPU strangely decreases to 70% or 60% !!!! Probably due to the CPU load which increases, just make the test I have posted and show your result.....the GT3 cup car has a too much crazy high CPU load which needs a fix.

11. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I can conform it. 30 GT3 Cup, 16 visible 58fps, same with GT3 R 75fps.
    Thats not the way it should be and that also explains that in VR in the rain the performance is absolutely unridable, because it makes my CPU boil over.
    The vehicles from the GT Packs are now much more demanding in terms of performance than the very good looking URD vehicles, but now 25% are missing. The hardware won't increase as much as the demands in Rfactor2 and i am talking on opponents setting low

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like AI cpu use is too high, rather than graphical load. They might need to reduce the physics rate a little.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I think the 3d modell isnĀ“t optimized and has a very high polycount which produces a lot of draw calls what increases the CPU load.