GTE Tyres on URD cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FatCity, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I see, thanks. When I ported a car from AMS to rF2 (physics only) it worked fine, felt the same just with a slightly better ffb, I used that blog about the Brabham so not sure if the chassis file was needed or had big modifications, long time I tried it

Rastas likes this.
  2. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Yep broski,it as more fidelity(right word?),but is more complex to get it right actualy :)

UnitedRacingDesign likes this.
  3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

"...some confidential data must be obscured and so these tyres may have tiny divergences from those that we use in our own vehicle releases. However, we always try to ensure that this has an absolute minimal impact on the overall behaviour, characteristics, and lap times that result from the use of these tyres."
    From: https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/cars/car-physics/tyre-database

I think FVR V8 Supercars modder said they used S397 reference tires based on the Endurance/GT3 pack( not the first with CPM 2.0 from 2017). But I could be wrong. I will ask them here on forum and maybe they will confirm it. They may have changed real time values because tire wear much quickly or perhaps it's because V8 are too heavy for GT3/GTE tires.

I didn't see S397 give any info about updates to tire model in 2019. It's expected they keep improving TM, but I didn't see DLC packs being updated with newer tires in release notes in 2019. Usually some graphical changes. I guess any possible improvements weren't as substantial as in 2018, when they got detailed data and worked closely with teams.

But I agree, generally S397 don't make life easy for modders. Especially with implementing latest tech updates. I think it's a mostly matter of limited resources and especially recently S397 is prioritizing other things. But I think with some pressure they will eventually add the newest reference tires (oc obscured a bit) to the database.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

It's true plus documentation is lacking. I see complaints from other modders S397 usually don't care much to help modders use latest tech.

5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

You should take a look at their Twitter ;)

Agreed!

That would be more of a S397 question than a URD question

So my opinions of some of the things discussed. I understand in the world we live in that everything can't be freely available. Weather it is converting models or using physics files. This is making modding really tough. Like what URD said of possibly having a way to reference the files while not actually having the ability to edit them would be the best scenario. IDEA: S397 having a common "S397_Tires.mas" that has all the tire files. The database webpage is the list of the names of those files with the .hdv entries that you would put in your mod .hdv. Kinda like the CMAPS.mas but with tire files. Files would be encrypted in a .mas but usable for modding uses. I think that would work??

The situation that I keep thinking about is the LMP3 cars. The Norma having accurate data. We then have a beautiful Ligier from EnduroRacers. If this was rF1, I would take the physics, tires, sounds from the Norma and apply it to the Ligier. It would be a spec physics series, but at least gives you variety. I've tried a couple different ways to make the Ligier an "update" to the Norma being able to use the same items but i haven't gotten it to work.

Going to the @UnitedRacingDesign topics. As much as I like simulation, with rF2, you can't do much unless you have a lot of info from a manufacturer. Therefore, at a minimum making it fun. So like what @Pales said, DX11 the rest of the PX and having the last LMP1 added would be huge. And having physics wise them being fun. Heck, the EnduroRacers LMP2 are pretty much spec with the exception of the engines. Very minor changes. I would be happy with that with the PX.

I'm also looking forward to the new pack. One/two questions, is there a 993-non Evo Darche? Is there going to be a British "Locus" ?

Travis, UnitedRacingDesign and lagg like this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Agree, if you could link physics and/or tires for mods and use it as is or apply changes with the upgrades to fit it better maybe they'd even sell some more DLC since it would require the user to have the base. @Marcel Offermans @Christopher Elliott maybe a good idea out there

7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

No, they replied today that they got latest(back then) directly from S397, not the 2017 ones from public database. So I think S397 may provide you the ones used in the official packs.
    I don’t know how much effort it would be to properly integrate them and re-test the car.

Probably more than 90% people don’t care which tires are used, as long as car is fun to drive and has more or less believable handling. I don’t know how many would pass “blind” test which tires are used. But still tires are important component/factor of how car behaves at and over the limit.
    Even if physics were done with a lot of fudge values due to lack of data. For instance AMS managed to make their cars drive believable even if they didn’t get much real data for
    Formula 1 cars, Porsche GT3 Cup etc.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@UnitedRacingDesign

That would be perfect if that happened. My Ford GTE with the current tires from S397. In any case, it is very nice that you have contacted us via the forum. Thank you URD. Are there plans for the Ferrari GT3 and GTE? And please think about the PX package. As a member has already said a few posts before, there are many talented modders who are familiar with physics

gunner1483 likes this.
  9. bears

bears Registered

For good or bad I am one of those throw a wheel on the table and have fun racers and I have always enjoyed your mods my vote would be for progress not perfection my number one request is the Toyota, then any gte or gt3 cars not done by 397 with bop to the 397 cars then if you still have spare time a couple of recent lmp1 cars, super gt and dtm :) deliver those with good quality and I would gladly support you !!! And while I am on a roll the new s5000 car launched in Australia this weekend would be sensational . I think that’s enough from me for now lol

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, make good physics even if it's simple, people will enjoy it.
    I suggested the JAF GT300 cars long ago, these are unlikely to be licensed and would be a nice add on for the GT3 packs, I'm surprised nobody released them as a pay mod yet

11. J7166

J7166 Registered

This x 1000. All these awesome modders out there doing great work. I can't believe it's this hard to find someone with the ability and willingness to help with rf2 physics. Start a new thread on the forum. I happened to find that @UnitedRacingDesign needed help by chance just looking thru this forum. I'm sure there are people that could help, they just don't know you are looking for it. Be proactive, someone will be able to help.

memoNo1 likes this.
  12. J7166

J7166 Registered

Wasn't sure if this deserved it's own thread, so hoping to find an answer here. Since the s397 BoP to GTE cars around the time they released Lemans, I've notice that the URD Detroit is significantly faster than the s397 GTE cars. I mostly play single player with AI. When AI are in the Detroit, around ViR they are about 1.5 -2 seconds faster/lap than AI in s397 cars. Around LeMans, it's around 5 seconds quicker. Same thing happens if I am driving the Detroit and AI in s397 cars. This is a very long way of asking, is there anything I can do to slow down the Detroit? Even if it's not ideal, is it possible to add ballast or maybe take away a few HP? I really love the Detroit, buy I can't use it in races at the moment cuz there are just too fast and it doesn't seem like URD is planning an update

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    coltair and memoNo1 like this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

You speak to me from the soul. I hope there comes something. But I think that nothing will happen there

J7166 likes this.
  14. vava74

vava74 Registered

I believe you can add ballast to individual cars on each session, via the chat box like this (never tested it, though):
    /setmass 50 John Doe
    Can anyone tell me if this works?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  15. vava74

vava74 Registered

I tested and it does work. Best way is to set 3 Practice Sessions, with the first being used solely to apply the ballast, as it will only impact the following sessions. Then check the lap times on Practice Session 2, adjust if needed and re-check on P3.
    Correct again a bit, if needed, for Quali and then enjoy the BOP created.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    pkelly likes this.