GTE Tyres on URD cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FatCity, Jun 17, 2018.

1. kashif

kashif Registered

It's been three months since this post and this was originally said about a year ago, that when the tire models would be made public, the Detroit would get the update. But it looks as though it's completely disappeared off the map at this point. Can you please give us an update or any idea of when we can expect the Detroit to updated, if at all?

2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I do not think that will happen in this life. Not even a little statement from URD. That says everything about them. At least one could have said that the studio as it once was no longer exists. One more reason to think about where to buy. At URD, never again, should something ever happen again. But I do not believe that.

I hope S397 officially releases this car. The absolutely most beautiful racing car from modern times. I love this beautiful car. Maybe Ford will bring him to the GT3. That would be awesome!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    F1 2004 likes this.
  3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

The tires are not public and there is no way to use them in any way.

4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

It is really enjoyable that you let it be heard by you. How are things about the PX Mod? Will the vehicles still be finished? I do not want to look rude here, but will you have 1 year to answer again? What's going on with URD?

What are your plans for the future? Convince us that you are still here.

5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Did you try S397 to convincing you to make the tires available? Maybe there is something possible ..

6. marmagas

marmagas Registered

7. UnitedRacingDesign

Those are all old tires, all the latest tires included in gte/gt3/lmp packages are locked and not available for public use in any way.
    I have been in talk with S397 to use them when gte cars were released but we had to take them out just before release and i doubt there will be any sharing with modders around such tire data.
    Maybe S397 will come with idea some day to lock and code the tires into rf2 directly and not by car so modders would be just add lines to their mods what tires they should use so no modder would be able to take/see/edit such data.

8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

OK . And what about your future and especially about the PX Pack?

9. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

@UnitedRacingDesign I know you guys are busy but I hope to see your content being updated to latest rF2 standards, EGT mod was my favourite one and I can't wait for your next releases...but please just hire a guy for updating the old content :D

Brack Jabham likes this.
  10. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I think the problem is - S397 (as compared to ISI) is focusing on a commercial model rather than helping modders develop (or extend) on their content. I may be wrong - so someone who knows should correct me, Example see URD post. If latest tires are locked, what can a modder do?

11. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

But are you sure S397 won't provide very similar tires with just some confidential values changed? I believe that's what FVR Super V8 modders claimed with latest release, that they used such reference S397 tires. Also Enduracers wrote on 3.0 release:
    "The build includes an important update of the physic behavior of the car, including the last specification of the CPM tires, based on the S397 Endurance pack DLC."

I think since then, there was one more update to tire model that was integrated in the S397 DLC packs, but still.
    Apex Modding GT3 mod uses tires based on a bit older CPM 2.0 (but GT3 mod was released more than year ago):
    "New CPM 2.0 tyres based on Studio 397 tyre database, rebuilt and tweaked with Redapg online tools. "

J7166 likes this.
  12. UnitedRacingDesign

How would you change confidential values and still keep the tire as it is? You cant just change values.
    We are using the latest tires available atm.
    "New CPM 2.0 tyres based on Studio 397 tyre database, rebuilt and tweaked with Redapg online tools. " what advantage does that give other than complicating things. Tweaked doesnt mean better, its just for own needs as those cars are different to the s397 cars.
    And i think enduracers use same spec tires as we do. I think s397 has 2019 tires allready and as you see public available for modders are 2017 version.

13. UnitedRacingDesign

As i still dont really have physics guy for rf2 its bit of a mess right there. Im still working on those thought.
    I might just drop the physics and do something in more simple way that i can do on my own in old style. While i know rf2 is capable far more than we can offer at this point. Most of ussers so or so cant take the full rf2 advantage without a full expensive rig and those who can are really low %. Most of people still just want to hit a wheel on the table and have fun and we might go back to that way.
    So or so you cant get full car or tire data to get it properly working. Even game dev strugle with that as manufacturers just dont share that stuff for public use eather.
    For most of people when you write you have that and that implented at the end it doesnt mather to most of them, sounds great thought but what use they have from that if you cant feel it properly.
    I have build 5 car physics with rF2_onlineTools in last few days for testing purpose in old fashion as rf1 base, added new engine data, chassis flex and latest tires available and its fun to drive.

J7166, FuNK!, Travis and 1 other person like this.
  14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Please take some time for exactly what has just happened. A little feedback. Thank you for the feedback. I did not expect that at all. So only displeasure and unnecessary speculation comes out. Just keep going and let the Detroit Baby live.

15. Travis

Travis Registered

As a paying customer, I appreciate the honest response Ales.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Is chassis flex even necessary for modern cars? It's a nice feature but nowadays they are so rigid I dont think it makes a difference to use it

McFlex likes this.
  17. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

@UnitedRacingDesign
    JT5 is only released by Nissan, Toyota and Honda are still.
    I understand that it will be difficult to produce Honda (NSX) physics, but Toyota can solve it by diverting Nissan physics.
    Why isn't Toyota released yet?

18. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

...the main question is...with all the "modders" around why no one offers his help instead?
    They need a physics guy...no one?
    Due rF2 nature they should stop promoting it as a modding platform, just a complex sim open to modders but not really a modding platform...

J7166 and avenger82 like this.
  19. Pales

Pales Registered

I would prefer it if you just updated the PX with D11 and even used the same engine ini and physics for the toyato that was teased. Just give up something so we can finally say that it is complete.

bears and UnitedRacingDesign like this.
  20. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Yes,not only because of chassis but,but also steering,the suspencion file,aka pm,is outdated,so yes,chassis.ini is a must if you want a perfect steering.