DRM Revival, still not possible on rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pascom, Sep 17, 2019.

1. pascom

pascom Registered

That's the question of the day.

rFactor 2 needs this mod.

I bought this mod for AC but I would like it for RF2!

sman, 8bar, Xzanman and 5 others like this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Does rF2 simulate turbo ?

But the real question is if it would pay off for DRM revival modders, and if they could physically have time for it in the first place.

I would personally love it. I also think that rF2 people would appreciate the cars much more. Because at initial release it was harshly criticized by AC community for stupid nitpicky little bits, and for "different handling", I personally think they made cars more awesome than actual usual AC cars, and that being unappreciated made me super mad.

Nieubermesch, atomed, bwana and 2 others like this.
  3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

DRM mod for RF2 would be great. One of the creators said a few weeks ago in a german forum they are looking what happens :) Maybe we should bomb them with love letters

vava74, Alex72 and pascom like this.
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i bought it for assetto corsa 2 days ago

pascom likes this.
  5. pascom

pascom Registered

Thank you for your responses! :)

Normally yes, never too much blunder, oops!

it would be nice, rF2 is willing to last a long time, they can do something great!

Ah, good to know! Do you have a direct link?

And what do you think? Would you like it more on rF2?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Like you wouldn't believe :)

In fact, it simulates turbos so well it's hard for a casual modder to make one that works.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@pascom its the mod that made it me fell in love with assetto corsa and i have all top paid mod like the RSS mods
    DRM is the best
    cheers

8bar and pascom like this.
  9. pascom

pascom Registered

Alex72 likes this.
  10. Corti

Corti Registered

I have a dream :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• drm.jpg
      drm.jpg
      File size:
      68.8 KB
      Views:
    makan, Alex72 and pascom like this.
  11. slatanek

slatanek Registered

yeah the AC fanboys never cease to amaze me - truth is most of the stock cars are shit. FFB wise AC is one of the worst games in my mind (rubber bands come to mind) being on par with PC2 and still people argue otherwise. ACC doesn't improve much (vague AF) in this regard so I think Kunos just don't have a good feel for FFB. And I really don't care what people say - whether it's the only true physics driven or fake canned FFB if it feels like shit I'm gonna call it shit. AMS and RF2 FTW in this regard, no contest.

NOTE TO SELF: weird how everytime I talk AC I end up moaning how bad the FFB is...

atomed, bwana and pascom like this.
  12. McFlex

McFlex Registered

pascom likes this.
  13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@slatanek Most likely there is something lacking about tire simulation, obviously, in AC. Another interesting thing is steering simulation itself, AC never had adjustable caster, or steering lock, so you can suspect that something was not working completely right. It would be interesting to check AC cars typical caster, I bet it would be big, and compare it with casters of DRM Revival mod cars, I suppose there they would be small. I think in rF2 you could possibly have similar feel to usual AC cars by maxing out casters, and adjusting FFB nominal strength accordingly, even though it would still be better because much better tire simulation. Of course simulations are not identical, but how physics are modeled also is big deal. For example PC2 is crap to me if as simulation, but perhaps software side is alright, just the modeled car physics are junk... will see with AMS2.

Speaking of caster, I personally really dislike big casters, or perhaps rather big mechanical trail lengths. The reason is that then it takes away plenty of steering from me, car then wants to steer itself much more and earlier during oversteer (at least thats what I experience in rF2), and more self aligning torque in general. I like less caster, then you can manipulate steering more, have more control over it and more play, though you also have more responsibility then, because it gets easier to misjudge steering angle in challenging situations, simply said - more depends on you.

Of course too low caster is also terrible (relatively with available grip and ffb nominal strength), because then steering wheel gets weirdly significantly lighter during understeer, or even hardly gain any self aligning torque at all during normal turning. Afaik low caster also results in less negative camber gain, which is not ideal with non classic cars. But high casters just feels amateurish in my opinion, ever seen AC drifters drifting forever with depressingly few steering inputs with one hand while drinking a drink ? IDK what are actual disadvantages of high casters irl, probably getting much too heavy steering (but powersteering should fix that), iiric I somewhere also read or heard that too high casters can result in instability at high speed, but I am unsure about that, I also haven't experienced that in simracing.

A lot of other things I find to singnificantly influence steering feel though, basically everything from underlying physics of a car actually. As I am getting little more experience as a simracer and modder I learn to identify some stuff precisely or approximately even by just driving the cars. Lots of values and their relations makes big differences on steering feel as well as their handling. I think some developers actually finds their "trademark feel" and goes for it, instead of making some cars more unique. In AC case it was often called as "AC quality standard", and if some tried to step out of it with a bit different approaching to some stuff, there were usually disapproving reactions, though still hardcoded stuff is not changeable of course. I think it wouldn't be an issue for DRM Revival in rF2 first of all because advanced physics, and next - because existing more unique stuff through the existing content already, most of rF2 content does not have this freedom limiting "trademark standard" issue.

end of essay, sorry for wasting someone's time

djbob, pkelly, vava74 and 2 others like this.
  14. Corti

Corti Registered

makan and pascom like this.
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am not sure if it was really that one, but I think I did @Corti.
    Can't remember it well, but I don't think that it was impressive somehow, I don't remember enjoying it a lot, I also don't remember thinking that it is bad.

Initially I have downloaded lots and lots of stuff for rF2, most of it was deleted, because it was either really bad, or I found some stuff which appeared to be massively off in terms of performance or something like that. I think I still have this one.

I also don't understand what did you understand in translation :D

16. Corti

Corti Registered

Sorry, I forgot to explain, (about the translation), I understand that if large tires are not yet optimized for good wear and also affects the FFB ....:rolleyes:
    Maybe I shouldn't comment without knowing, but I wanted to share the experience we had with Capri this summer. :)
    I really enjoyed the mod, the braking with the pedal at the end of the straight line of Laguna Seca and Nurburgring made me fall in love and when it's time to open gas to get out of the slow corners it reminds me of the Gr.B or Supercars of rallycross. The sensation that gives the chassis, seems to twist like a propeller, bending down the back corner and raising the opposite in the front. To tell you the truth, I don't remember what I did (I would have to compare the files) but I love it.
    I did not want to distract the topic to be discussed, but I wanted to share and I hope that the translator also does a good job ;)

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yeah, I suppose translation is quite understandable, though few bits are still weird, but seems like whole point can be understood.

Nice description of the car handling, sounds like you really had a good time. I have had some fun with DRM Revival mod in AC with this car, though I drove some other cars more (such as M1) but I had lots of fun with Capri too. Personally for me it has too much downforce, ground effect is strong with that one. I remember BaronesBC had pointed out that the pace of this car was very surprising, compered it to modern GT3 pace (talking about Assetto Corsa mod now), I have checked that IRL it did super fast Nordschleife laptimes, though it is difficult to compare because they still used the start/finish loop then. But approximately it should indeed be as fast or even faster than modern GT3 cars, and that speed is way more exciting than same speed in GT3.

Looking forward for rF2 Nords release, and I might give a go again for a Capri mod which link you have shared here.

pascom and Corti like this.
  18. pascom

pascom Registered

Translation or not, the mod DRM must be at rF2! :D

atomed, McKiernan, Alex72 and 3 others like this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just got email from DRM team that there will be a six race season in SRS system. Now thats awesome. Perhaps some day same will happen with rF2.

atomed and pascom like this.
  20. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

I forget to reply on this thread, they're working on 79's 320 and I ask them will rf2 happen but answer now is a solid no, very sad and seems there won't be permission for others to convert either rf1 or ac version of drm revivial

Attached Files: